Friday, July 22, 2011

We've had a great week. There were butterflies and wildflowers everywhere in the canyon--beautiful. Steven felt lots better this week after his blood transfusion. He got to go shooting with grandpa and we did a hike around Tony Grove lake. He was a pro on his crutches and went most of the mile on foot (literally), but as it was getting dark, I made him hop aboard for a piggy back ride at the end. He is so light! We are newly committed to weight gain this weekend. Too bad the rest of the family can't put the pounds on for him.

His platelets have come up, so he is ready for chemo. Unfortunately, they don't have room for him on the schedule until Wednesday, but I guess that gives us more time to work on fattening him up. I finally took him in for the xray of his foot today to see if it was broken, but it wasn't. Hooray! We only have a few more weeks until they fit him for a prosthesis, so we have to really get working on his physical therapy.

Luckily, he is in good spirits and is willing to do things he doesn't love, like eat and physical therapy. Rob is feeling much better, too, although we still aren't sure what was wrong. He had an ultrasound yesterday and everything looked normal. We don't know what the next step is, but as long as he is okay, it doesn't matter so much.







5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to have a vacation. It looks wonderful and you were at one of my most favorite places. Steven looks so happy. We hope all goes well this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for a not-broken foot! Hurray for good blood numbers! I have a Kentucky recipe to send you to help fatten him up...called Hot Brown. Bacon, cheese, butter, bread....YUM. Too bad the pounds I am putting on this pregnancy I can't transfer to Steven. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!

    I love that Steven is working on weight gain as everyone else in the universe is working on weight loss. He's lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of the best parts of this blog is your great photography, Sonja. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I can't take all the credit. I share my camera freely. Like the butterflies--that was Alisa.

    ReplyDelete