Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm not sure why blogging seems like such a drag these days, but it does, so you'll have to forgive me for not keeping it up better. Life goes fast with four kids at home all day. Even my normally quiet hospital days have been more busy. Excuses, excuses. Really, it just takes a lot of energy to write anything very meaningful, so I haven't. I will try to come up with something soon.

But so you know, Steven did make it home from the hospital on Saturday morning. We were all really happy--especially because it had taken them so long to get the chemo going. Saturday morning was the earliest he could have gone home regardless, so I have no hard feelings for the pharmasist who made us wait 4 hours for the chemo on Wednesday. After the hospital, he stopped off at home to change into his swimming suit and headed to a birthday party. He did great, even though he didn't know many of the kids there. He went swimming at a public pool and really did well. He did slip on the wet tile with his crutches, but everything looks okay. We have learned that with crutches at the pool he needs to take extra care, or even not use them. You would think that we would have learned this lesson, really. Oh well.

I will keep you posted. He is due for another round of methotrexate on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment