Monday, July 18, 2011

Delays

I just got Steven's lab results for the day: his platelets and hematocrit are even lower then they were Thursday. Platelets are now 13 and hematocrit (red blood cells) are 22.8. He is going to get a transfusion tomorrow up at the clinic. I have tried to prep myself for scheduling delays from the very beginning when every answer to my questions started with "It depends...", but we have been so lucky to stay on schedule that this first delay is a bummer. On the bright side, we can fit in a lot of fun in a week--especially a week where he feels good.

P.S. The reason the delay is for at least a week is because they will not start chemo until they can tell Steven's body is making his own platelets--donor platelets don't count.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, those are low counts! I'm glad he will be getting the transfusion tomorrow. Hopefully, his body will get back into the swing of things soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the delays. That is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete