Saturday, June 25, 2011

A close call

We made it home tonight! It was a close call--a borderline number, but luckily they let us go. Here is a picture of Steven right after we got home. He was so happy to be here. I was so happy I cried the whole way home. I don't know if it was all happiness that brought the tears--probably a mix of happiness, sadness, stress and relief. I had a pretty long wish lists of things to do today, but considering we are working on the cancer cure, this is the number one priority. And now we are officially half way through chemo: 9 rounds down and 9 to go.

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Steven...he looks like he is truly enjoying all the joys of summer. Glad you both are home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you post how many down an how many to go. I love that the number gets smaller and smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad he got to come home! And love the picture of him eating an ice cream.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it home! It's a rollercoaster of emotions sometimes I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you made it home. And that you're halfway through chemo!

    ReplyDelete