Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Steven is feeling better every day--which is a huge relief. Last week I was pretty worried that cancer had taken away my sweet boy and left an ornery one in his place. You would think I would have remembered something I've learned over and over again as a parent of four kids--there is usually a good medical reason behind extreme crabbiness. I don't exactly know Steven's reason, but I do know he has had many reasons to not feel well.

At any rate, he is getting used to school and we are getting into some better routines to get his physical therapy done. His favorite new therapy tool is a wii fit. He has to stand on a board and try to balance his weight between both legs--much more fun than trying to make the needle on the scale go up.

I just took this picture. He loves the new hat I bought him him for our Yellowstone trip this weekend. That's right--we are going to attempt Yellowstone. I have some hesitations--like that the high is going to be in the 40s, for instance. But Steven is super excited and we are going to try if nothing else. We've been looking forward to this trip for over four months. I got nervous that chemo wouldn't be finished and would ruin our plans. I guess I should have been more worried about the weather.





Yesterday, we got to visit with my grandma. Steven hadn't seen her since he started his cancer treatments. It was so good to see her--there is nothing like my grandma to make me feel like things will be okay.


2 comments:

  1. We're excited to see you guys. Steven's leg looks awesome in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to here that Steven is improving everyday. Have fun in Yellowstone and don't freeze!

    ReplyDelete