Thursday, October 13, 2011

Party time

Life has come at me fast, that is for sure. I am trying to take it slow, but because I have put off so many things for so long, it is really hard to do. Steven has been at school all week, with the exception of a PT appointment. He seems totally exhausted. I can blog more about that later, but for now, here are some pictures from the party on Monday. (I only took a few and most were out of focus, oh well.)

It was a huge success--most of the kids in Steven's class came, many of them with their families. Rob and I both come from big families and most of our siblings and neices and nephews were there, plus many of our other friends came. There was no exact head count, but we went through 100 hamburgers and 120 hot dogs. It was great to see so many people come and support Steven. I only wish I could have visited longer with everyone!

Thanks to my awesome brother-in-law and his mom for grilling for almost two straight hours!


Here is Steven with a couple of friends from school.


Some friends of ours got him a trophy--he LOVES it! It has "Team Steven" at the top and "Chemo Cup of Courage" at the bottom.


Alton shaved his head to show his support for Steven. Now is hair growing contest time. Bring it on!


We had a really nice time and are so grateful to our families who put the party on for Steven. He has been awfully grumpy at home this week, and this was the one time we saw some real smiles all week. I hope the memory will shine even brighter for him. I know it will be a good one for me. I took the girls to the farm for a picnic today and we sat in the same pavillion--I felt loved just being there and remembering.

3 comments:

  1. Love the trophy! You are so lucky to have so much family around to throw you a great party! Thanks for the advice about the bike-I will have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the party was a blast!!! So happy you guys made it through this part. The kids still include him in every family prayer we have.... "help Steven learn to walk again quickly" is a normal part of our prayers. I get tears every time I read your blog. What a strong person you are and a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post and such good family and friends!!!

    ReplyDelete