Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A spring break

Here are a few pictures from our short trip. We had fun despite the rain. Best of all, my parents and sister came along.

On Sunday night, my cousin, Alison, came to visit with her family. Here her son, Eric, challenges Steven to a chess game.



We (I mean they) played lots of games.



We braved the rain for a little exploring. Andrew sounded like the little boy in Up, complaining about his feet hurting, etc.



We found lots of bright, interesting moss and we took lots of pictures of it.



We tracked a moose and luckily never found it.



Here is Kirsten, overcoming the no-tv-at-the-cabin situation. We normally don't need one in that beautiful place, but the rain was incessant!



The sun was up the next morning, but with it came runoff. The river was high and furious and water seemed to be dripping off all the trees and seeping out of the rocks. It's a good thing they have sand bags.



All said, it was a good trip. It was nice to be away from home, the kids loved it. I was even able to forget about the cancer a bit.

6 comments:

  1. Rain over Spring Break is the worst! It looks like you braved it well though. I love the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Steven I have been following your Blog and I have been so inspired by your determination and strength. I know that you will be a winner in this trial that has been placed before you at this time of your young life. You will become a stronger and more compassionate individual. Plus being healthier.
    Our family is praying for you and your family at this time to help comfort you as you are preparing for the next chapter. I want you to always have a learning experience through each new day. Appolo 13 mission, their statement was "Failure is not an Option". I wear that tee shirt everyday as I work out in the gym. It reminds me on how far I have come and that I can do anything I set my mind to do. Steven we love you and will support you in all the days to come. God bless you and may He always comfort you at this time.
    Uncle Ralph Kmetzsch and Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering about the flooding up Logan Canyon. It looks like you managed to stay semi-dry. I miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time at the cabin. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a relief to look at something different, do something different and be somewhere different. glad you enjoyed your escape!

    ReplyDelete