Friday, February 16, 2024

13 Years ago today....

I haven't posted in so long!  Today I talked to a mom whose son will have rotationplasty surgery in a few weeks.  It struck me that it was the anniversary of the day we discovered Steven's cancer 13 years ago.  I also haven't written much about Steven in a long time and wanted to reassure anyone who ever happens across this blog that he is doing well and living his best life.  He returned home from a mission in the Baltics and is now studying at BYU.  He continues to have a great attitude and doesn't seem to be afraid of cancer hindered by its effects.   

How I wish I could have seen this day 13 years ago when it felt like my world was falling apart.  That would have changed things for sure--to take away the fear and anxiety that gnawed away at me for so many years and even sometimes still creeps in.  But then would I have learned what I did?  

I don't know if I can express or even identify all the lessons I've learned.  One thing is for sure--God is there and He is good.  Even if things don't work out how you hope, there is light and goodness around the corner.  I miss my baby and my sister every day, but the hole in my heart with those losses are now filled with something else that I can't quite describe, but it is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment